As with all new projects, most people feel highly motivated at the beginning. I am feeling this now as well. However, I am not naive. There will be times when it gets hard or I am tempted. I will try to convince myself that I can’t do it. But there are certain things I look to so I can try to stay motivated. Here are a few motivating things I turn to:
- Future Sailor Weightloss This is the story of a guy who was overweight and wished to enlist in the Navy as well. He was 256 when he started. I believe now according to his twitter account (@Geoffbreedwell), he is currently serving and is stationed in CT. Very inspiration to know there are others like me.
- Fat to Fit This is an amazing thread on a forum I like to visit. It is right now, a 239 page long thread of amazing men and women who have lost 10,20,50,75,100, and even 300+ lbs of weight. They have posted progress pics, etc. It is extremely motivating!
- The Navy Cafe This site has some great members that post actively on the forums. Members include Active Duty and retired sailors alike. Very beneficial and motivating to hear of other’s stories.
- 344pounds.com This blog is of a guy who has lost a tremendous amount of weight and has changed his life considerably. Very awesome and inspiring!
- ExNavyNuke This is another blog that is a compilation of ex Navy Nuke’s experiences. Always motivating to read through these and strive for excellence.
Of course the biggest motivation comes from within. I am not only doing this to serve my country, but to serve myself. I am getting healthier to enjoy a long and rewarding life. And that by itself, is the most motivating factor in my pursuit of this goal.